I wonder what the best seating choice is when out angling? I presently have, as I found when I brought my fishing tackle down from the garage shelf the other day, a titchy collapsible stool which is rather elderly and I fear will struggle to support me for very long. Partly because of metal fatigue but generally to do with the reality that there is a bit more to me than there was the last time I sat beside a river.
I have always wanted a large fishing tackle box that doubles up as a seat just since by definition it is so practical. However, during poor conditions I wonder if they will tend to form pools which you really wouldn't like to sit on without waterproof trousers. Also, for their height, they may make rather good footstools, so some kind of comfortable folding garden chair could be in order. And it will also be better than the previous 2 choices as it will have a back to it.
So, if the garden chair is the best solution, what sort? Some of the technique for fishing is that, when you get into a fish, it is necessary to be standing up, and if it's a barbel or some other sizable species, it is going to fight and could take some time to bring in, and so again, if it's raining then the cushion could easily get drenched and the likelihood of haemorrhoids becomes a factor. So maybe a slatted seat might be the solution, however not plastic as that could be uncomfortable in chilly conditions.
I have noticed a type of camp beds for fishing, but I can't imagine any fishing trip I go on is going to require anything like that, although a small tent as an alternative to an umbrella could be a fantastic addition to the fishing tackle, but in all of this is the requirement that everything has to be carried to the peg which may conceivably be quite a way, and it would be best to be able to get all of it there in one trip rather than a relay.
Keeping that in mind, we must now think that we have a big fishing tackle box to double as a footstool over one shoulder, I have a rod bag over the other shoulder which will also be holding some sort of garden chair, a keep net and landing net in one hand which will only leave 1 hand free to carry something like a hot drinks flask, or bait if there isn't room in the box.
But as long as the day's angling is pleasant, it will all be worthwhile. And even if the fish are not necessarily feeding, if it's a hot day then a little solitary time with nothing to do other than think about whatever comes to mind can be counted as a good day's fishing. It's very hard to do that with a cold, wet bottom.
20110105
I have always wanted a large fishing tackle box that doubles up as a seat just since by definition it is so practical. However, during poor conditions I wonder if they will tend to form pools which you really wouldn't like to sit on without waterproof trousers. Also, for their height, they may make rather good footstools, so some kind of comfortable folding garden chair could be in order. And it will also be better than the previous 2 choices as it will have a back to it.
So, if the garden chair is the best solution, what sort? Some of the technique for fishing is that, when you get into a fish, it is necessary to be standing up, and if it's a barbel or some other sizable species, it is going to fight and could take some time to bring in, and so again, if it's raining then the cushion could easily get drenched and the likelihood of haemorrhoids becomes a factor. So maybe a slatted seat might be the solution, however not plastic as that could be uncomfortable in chilly conditions.
I have noticed a type of camp beds for fishing, but I can't imagine any fishing trip I go on is going to require anything like that, although a small tent as an alternative to an umbrella could be a fantastic addition to the fishing tackle, but in all of this is the requirement that everything has to be carried to the peg which may conceivably be quite a way, and it would be best to be able to get all of it there in one trip rather than a relay.
Keeping that in mind, we must now think that we have a big fishing tackle box to double as a footstool over one shoulder, I have a rod bag over the other shoulder which will also be holding some sort of garden chair, a keep net and landing net in one hand which will only leave 1 hand free to carry something like a hot drinks flask, or bait if there isn't room in the box.
But as long as the day's angling is pleasant, it will all be worthwhile. And even if the fish are not necessarily feeding, if it's a hot day then a little solitary time with nothing to do other than think about whatever comes to mind can be counted as a good day's fishing. It's very hard to do that with a cold, wet bottom.
20110105
No comments:
Post a Comment