I read a tweeting conversation the other day between a couple of chaps talking about dreaming and one of them highlighted the weirdness of having the radio on after the alarm went off but you're not really awake. That really hit a spark with me, as I had some crackers I had when I used to have my clock radio and the News came on and I was in that 2nd stage of sleep, where you are not fully asleep but below that point where you're just emerging to alertness. The radio gets into the ears and what they are hearing gets woven into the dreams and it's fabulous.
Allowing the brain to float is a fantastic thing and it's becoming difficult to do. I used to do it when giving the car a proper clean, when there's little to think about what you're doing you cannot beat just taking a train of thought and following it to see where it goes. I can't do it now since my son insists on being involved with car washing and doing as much as he can. But shortly, when I resume angling, I will have the time and chance to just sit back, watch the fishing tackle and let the mind journey into itself.
I really believe it helps to keep the imagination agile as I used to see myself going down side roads and making all kinds of connections, testing my memory and trying to sort out issues. Also it's an excellent thing for going over times of your life, places visited and people met. Of course it can be painful as well, looking back over one's career and wondering "where did it all go wrong?" :o)
Possibly it's me, but the chances I have to be able to leave the brain to float is getting ever fewer. It's another reason why ceasing fishing was a silly thing to let happen, especially as the general time for the mind to float when it happens, if it does, is at the wrong side of the sleep timetable, and it keeps one awake which is not what we want at all.
A healthy brain is a crucial part of the fishing tackle, not only because you need to adapt to the situation of the day, but also the season of the year. fishing in summer is easy, especially around June when the season has just begun and the fish have forgotten about being caught previously and the freshly hatched fish never have been. Later though, angling becomes harder as the fish wise up, the weather affects how the fish feed and where, so you have to be able to adapt.
Using a variety of baits and tackle for fishing is essential as very often a period of trial and error is needed before finding the best set up for what will fool the fish into going after the prize on the hook. And, then when happy with the setup it's a chance to sit back, relax and let the mind go. And don't push it! It won't work if you decide the journey or drive the pace, all that happens then is that you are left wondering what's on the television later.
So, the point is to include your brain along with the fishing tackle as, as well as the sheer fun to be had angling, it's a dividend to be able to keep the mind agile, the memory freshened up and inspired.
20110118
Allowing the brain to float is a fantastic thing and it's becoming difficult to do. I used to do it when giving the car a proper clean, when there's little to think about what you're doing you cannot beat just taking a train of thought and following it to see where it goes. I can't do it now since my son insists on being involved with car washing and doing as much as he can. But shortly, when I resume angling, I will have the time and chance to just sit back, watch the fishing tackle and let the mind journey into itself.
I really believe it helps to keep the imagination agile as I used to see myself going down side roads and making all kinds of connections, testing my memory and trying to sort out issues. Also it's an excellent thing for going over times of your life, places visited and people met. Of course it can be painful as well, looking back over one's career and wondering "where did it all go wrong?" :o)
Possibly it's me, but the chances I have to be able to leave the brain to float is getting ever fewer. It's another reason why ceasing fishing was a silly thing to let happen, especially as the general time for the mind to float when it happens, if it does, is at the wrong side of the sleep timetable, and it keeps one awake which is not what we want at all.
A healthy brain is a crucial part of the fishing tackle, not only because you need to adapt to the situation of the day, but also the season of the year. fishing in summer is easy, especially around June when the season has just begun and the fish have forgotten about being caught previously and the freshly hatched fish never have been. Later though, angling becomes harder as the fish wise up, the weather affects how the fish feed and where, so you have to be able to adapt.
Using a variety of baits and tackle for fishing is essential as very often a period of trial and error is needed before finding the best set up for what will fool the fish into going after the prize on the hook. And, then when happy with the setup it's a chance to sit back, relax and let the mind go. And don't push it! It won't work if you decide the journey or drive the pace, all that happens then is that you are left wondering what's on the television later.
So, the point is to include your brain along with the fishing tackle as, as well as the sheer fun to be had angling, it's a dividend to be able to keep the mind agile, the memory freshened up and inspired.
20110118
No comments:
Post a Comment