Friday, 4 February 2011

Getting The Right Components In The Mix Might Mean I Don't See The Homestead Again

By Jon Izzard


We Have reached another Monday morning. And once again I can joyously state that another lovely weekend has been and I can state positive news! I acknowledge that this may look a bit smug to those that's had a terrible weekend, and to you I apologise and wish you a better one this coming Friday. In fact, if I have a bad weekend, you can be sure that I will be telling you all about it as it will give me a straightforward subject to begin the week with if it makes you feel better.

As well as a nice outing with the family, I managed to locate a perfect situation for a spot of angling on the canal. At least, it'll be perfect for the summer as the view relies considerably on cricket being played on the oval across the canal, which won't occur in this hemisphere in January. But, once the next cricket season opens in May, it's the finest location along the canal for wetting the fishing tackle as long as the batsman doesn't crash one for six into the water where I've got a maggot drowning.

I have been on the watch for places to go to when I begin angling again and so far it's going well. There are a few of locations I've found along the canal towpath so far that look ideal for setting up the fishing tackle for a quiet few hours contemplating life on a Friday afternoon, so that's one tick in the box.

Also, as we start to lose winter, I'm looking forward to spending Saturdays doing some angling if I can get the present Mrs Izzard to let me out. If, for no other excuse than I can have the entire day with Radio 5 which is unmatched in my judgement for someone remotely interested in footy. From Fighting Talk through to Six-Oh-Six, it is a brilliant afternoon's listening, and I consider that mix that with a day out with the fishing tackle, you can't go wrong.

I'm also after a lake or large pond locally, preferably fairly secluded like the fisheries I went to as a kid in Cranleigh.

For river angling though, I know precisely where I'm going, which is to the Severn near Arley where I can both sit by the water, dangle my fishing tackle and watch the steam trains on the Severn Valley Railway thundering up and down the track every twenty minutes or so. Can anything possibly be better? Radio 5, fishing and steam trains? If there's a way to involve some cricket as well, I think it may be possible that I'll never leave the riverbank.

20110117




About the Author:



No comments:

Post a Comment